What a year. Here’s to looking back to random milestones. I flipped through my organizer and…
January – April
- Began production meetings for TLC: The Musical
- Caught ‘Spring Awakening’ and discovered ‘Rock of Ages’ which inspired music direction for the musical.
- Did my Individual Project, allowing me to find my aesthetic and what I really loved about art.
- Was involved in two shows simultaneously and worked with four different directors. Amazing.
- Did a workshop with Nelson Chia. Another awesome experience.
- Learnt Grotowski. Discovered Murakami. Both life changing.
May – July
- Summer was awesome. Worked at Harry Potter : The Exhibition at the ArtScience Museum at MBS. Met the most amazing people that I never knew could exist. Worked on my social skills. Definitely a life-changing experience. :’) But mehhhh I haven’t met up with them in so long :(!
- Skeleton of TLC: The Musical out.
- First trip overseas without Mom. Survived!
August – November
- First semester, Level Three.
- Did two shows and both had fantastic reviews from our lecturers. It shocked me because it felt so different and so.. Easy.
- Did a design presentation which made me miss designing. Doing my thesis.
- Going forward. Chasing dreams. Writing my plans.
- Bought my first domain!
- Final touches of TLC: The Musical.
- Stepping down from the Children Ministry after 7 years of serving.
- All of my hopes, plans, dreams and life experiences are for the glory of God.
- Moved to Mom’s study because Grandma moved in.
Will we say we’ve had our fun?
So 2013, what do you have in store for me? More accurately; God, what do you have in store for me?
So here’s what I aim to do or be, with a little help from sermons from camp, Thought Catalog, and tumblr.
- Always chase down dreams.
- Take time away to do things for myself. Love, but don’t cling too hard. Rely on yourself.
- Read more books. Any books.
- Take time to see art.
- Smile more. Be kinder to people. Love with compassion, with fiery passion, with empathy.
- Create art unapologetically, relentlessly.
- Don’t neglect people who care.
- Trust God with everything that happens. Don’t dwell on the past, look to the amazing future that God has planned out. No matter what, He will guide you home.
- Be strong. Be brave. Be soft.
I look forward to another year.
“If we wait until we’re ready, we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives.”
“Body cells replace themselves every month. Even at this very moment. Most everything you think you know about me is nothing more than memories.”